Pitch Feedback Printable
($20 value) FREE!
Quick Tips Guide for your Pitch
Videos & workbook FREE!
The Top 10 Slides You Need in Your Deck
- You're the only woman in the room, pitching to a half-dozen male investors who don't seem that interested in you or your business.
- They don't take you as seriously as they do male entrepreneurs and seem to question your competence and confidence.
- Many investors believe that female founders will always put family first and not commit to the business long term.
- They often ask different questions to male and female entrepreneurs, asking men questions about potential growth, while asking women about potential pitfalls.
Given this environment, you may feel apprehensive and less confident when pitching for the funding you need to grow your business. There's no need to feel that way any more!
Don't Dread the Pitch - Own the Moment!
You have an idea to set up your business and will need to secure your first funding to build your prototype
Or you have launched your business and are now looking for funding to grow it to the next stage.
Or maybe you simply want to learn about how to pitch effectively to male investors to be heard properly and taken seriously?
Even if you've raised some money, you may want to gain a special edge with new insights into the male way of thinking.
Or maybe you advise/mentor startups or support them through an accelerator.
You can influence how well your next pitch is received by male investors, by using the key insights, tips and tools from this course.
You'll learn that gender differences do exist in the pitch situation - it's not all in your head. Once you know them, we help you adjust your pitch content and delivery with practical tools, tips, and resources.
- Understand the current world of funding for women entrepreneurs to be ready for the challenges you'll be facing.
- Harness leading-edge neuroscience to your advantage, so you understand where gender differences really come from and, how they show themselves in the pitch.
- Recognize male investor biases and blind spots and use that knowledge to give you an edge when pitching.
- Identify your own biases and blindspots and how they can cause you to misread the intentions and behaviors of male investors.
- Get a Toolkit of Practical Tips on how to best pitch to male investors through a unique gender-awareness angle: from framing your message for the male brain; to communication techniques that grab attention; to body language that shows confidence.
Many attendees say that what they learn in this course helps them in their personal lives too!
Founder of Aquilando, Argentina
EY EMEIA Program Lead, Entrepreneurial Winning Women, Serbia
Future Female Founder, Northern Ireland
Former Director, Women in Entrepreneurship Program Youngstown Business Incubator, USA
Co-Founder Nextérité, France
Founder of Mifiel, Mexico
Former Chief Executive, DCU Ryan Academy Accelerator, Ireland
Program Manager, Lighthouse Labs Accelerator, USA
- What You Will Learn FREE PREVIEW
- WATCH: The World of Funding Today - What's it like for women? FREE PREVIEW
- TAKE ACTION: Worksheet - The World of Funding Today
- GO FURTHER: Extra Resources to help you learn more FREE PREVIEW
- Quick Review
- What You Will Learn
- WATCH: Where do Biases come from and what biases do Investors and Female Founders have?
- TAKE ACTION: Worksheet - Understanding Biases and Blindspots
- GO FURTHER: Learn more about unconscious bias, where it comes from
- Check what you learned about bias
- What You Will Learn
- WATCH: Understanding Gender Differences Through Neuroscience.
- TAKE ACTION: Worksheet - Where do Gender Differences Come From?
- GO FURTHER: Learn more about how your brain works and impact on bias
- What You Will Learn
- WATCH: Why the 10-Minute Pitch works better for Men
- TAKE ACTION: Worksheet on Why the 10-Minute Pitch works better for Men than for Women
- GO FURTHER: Learn more about Pitching
- Remember why the 10-minute Pitch works differently for Women?
- What You Will Learn
- WATCH: How Male and Female Entrepreneurs Approach the Pitch Differently
- TAKE ACTION: Worksheet - How Male and Female Entrepreneurs Approach the Pitch
- GO FURTHER: Pitching Resources to Help You Get Even Better
- BONUS: Techstars Master Your Pitch Guide
- What You Will Learn
- WATCH: Practical Key Tips to Help You "Own The Moment" Every Time You Pitch
- TAKE ACTION: Worksheet - Practical Key Tips to Help You "Own The Moment" When You Pitch
- GO FURTHER: Watch Amy Cuddy's Definitive Talk on Body Language and How It Can Shape You
- BONUS: Pitch Q&A Feedback Printable
- BONUS: Article: The Only 10 Slides You Need in Your Pitch
- Congrats! Here's what's next...
- More resources for you
- Before you go...
I’m passionate about closing the $1Trillion Funding Gap for women entrepreneurs. I directly advise several startups on their funding strategy, work with accelerators, government bodies to help them support female founders and have been a judge on several pitch competitions. I also consult with corporates on gender diversity. During my 25 year career, I have successfully pitched and won global multi-million dollar contracts with Fortune 500 companies and international organisations (pitching mostly to men!). As a woman's advocate, I speak internationally at tech and startup conferences on this topic to raise awareness about unconscious bias and the challenges for female founders raising funds, including at TEDx. I write for the Huffington Post, Medium, Linked In about Trailblazing Women (entrepreneurs, investors and leaders) and the global funding ecosystem for women entrepreneurs.
I am a writer, facilitator, and frequent speaker on The Nature of Gender Differences and The Business Case for Gender Diversity. I’ve done extensive research over the years on the biological and cultural influences on gender and have collaborated on three books on gender differences at work and in personal life, including “Work With Me” with John Gray, author of “Men Are from Mars Women Are from Venus”. I work globally with Fortune 500 companies and organizations such as American Express, Coca-Cola, NASA, L’Oréal, Nissan, SAP, and Vistage Worldwide, providing keynotes and facilitating gender awareness workshops, helping both men and women better understand and be better understood by the other gender.
How many times can I access the Own the Moment program?
No need to rush your learning! You have unlimited access to your Own the Moment online course for a maximum of 12 months from your date of purchase.
Do I have to do the modules in the sequence shown?
Yes, the course is organised so that you take each module in the sequence , as the learnings from each module builds on those from the previous one.
What's included in the modules?
Each module has 3 sections: WATCH, TAKE ACTION and GO FURTHER, where you can watch the short videos (maximum length is 23 minutes), reflect on what you've learned and take notes in the worksheet provided in each module. We also give you links to other resources such as books, articles, videos to go further if you'd like to go even deeper into any particular section.
Is there an Own The Moment Community I can join?
Yes. When you buy the course, you'll be invited to the Own The Moment closed Facebook group, where you can connect with others who have bought the program from around the world, share experiences and tips about pitching to male investors and get updated resources on pitching, unconscious bias!
How can I contact Anne or John if I have an questions?
You can contact either instructor directly via email, or through the conversations section in the course. You also have the option of asking us questions in the Course Facebook Group.
Can I pay in several instalments?
Hopefully by now, you'll see why this course is a great investment for you. We don't offer payment in different instalments for the Own the Moment program. As you can access all the content immediately and we have put a lot of love and work into bringing you an amazing online course, we hope you'll invest in yourself and join us on the other side. We promise you'll never pitch the same way again!
This course is about improving your ability to pitch to male investors quickly and effectively.
Because, quite simply, if you can convince key male stakeholders, you can get access to more resources you need to grow your business.
In this course, we give you a powerful toolkit. We go far beyond the usual pitch courses you may have been exposed to, diving into the actual neurological factors that effect how women are perceived and judged in the pitch situation.
We also give you lots of practical tips based on real proven gender differences, that give you an edge in pitching and negotiating with men in general.
You'll never pitch the same way again and will get through to men in a whole new way - better and faster.